Defensive Handgun Training
Length of Class:
“Owning a Gun Doesn’t Make you Armed Anymore than Owning a Guitar Makes you a Musician.” Colonel Jeff Cooper
GET TRAINED TO USE YOUR PISTOL EFFECTIVELY!
This is a 1 day handgun self-defense class. Lunch is provided. You will learn the martial art of gun fighting. You must learn to be better than your attacker when the time comes or you will not prevail. Train to survive.
Don’t be fooled by the idea that you will rise to the occasion in an emergency. It doesn’t happen! You will always sink to your level of training! Guns are just tools. You are the weapon. Gun training is essential and ongoing to make you a winner. Guns and a License to Carry (LTC) alone won’t save you. You must also have defensive handgun training.
In an emergency there is an enormous adrenaline dump in your system and you’ll find it difficult to think; you lose your fine motor skills. If you haven’t trained you will be helpless. With training, muscle memory takes over just like with a martial arts expert. Even with proper defensive handgun training, you will only be half as good with your guns as you were on the range, so train to be more than good.
You will learn:
- Safe gun handling.
- How to safely draw from concealment, get on target, and deliver 2 center mass shots in 2 seconds.
- Close quarters shooting and Shooting while moving.
- Accurate shooting with either 1 or 2 hands.
- Situational Awareness and combat mindset.
- Shooting in low light.
- How to quickly do emergency and tactical reloading of your firearm without looking.
- How to diagnose and clear a jammed pistol in seconds even in low light.
- Use of different types of pistols.
- Regular home training exercises to keep the muscle memories you learned in class.
- Basic Pistol Experience Required.
- Students must be able to legally own a pistol.
- You will need: Your handgun (unloaded) or use ours (Pistol and equipment rental $25 for EDC pistol and strong side on the waist band holster and on the waist band magazine pouch and extra magazine)
- Every Day Carry semi-auto and mags, including holster and mag pouches ), 2 or 3 magazines (also unloaded) and strong side on the waist band holster and on the waist band magazine pouch (or use ours),
- Long pants or jeans,
- Shoes that cover the entire foot,
- Shirt with a collar (buttoned up to prevent hot empty casings from going down your shirt when doing live fire
- Safety (wrap around) shooting glasses, and hearing protection
- Ball cap that covers top of head,
- Jacket, or vest, or long tailed open front shirt or similar garment for concealment drills,
- We shoot rain or shine so, if bad weather threatens, bring a rain jacket.